IADT – Seattle Announces Appointments to the 2006-2007 Advisory Committees
October 12, 2006
Local Industry Professionals to Serve as Technical Advisors.
Seattle, Washington, October 12, 2006– The International Academy of Design & Technology in Seattle, Washington (IADT – Seattle) announced today that it has formed its 2006/2007 Advisory Committees. Made up of professionals in the industries on which IADT concentrates, these advisory committees serve to keep the school's curriculum and programs industry-current, and to provide students and faculty with significant networking opportunities.
"These committees are of tremendous value to our students by assisting us in keeping our programs consistent with industry trends and the needs of employers in the industries related to our program offerings" said Adair Hinds IADT – Seattle Vice President of Academics. "We are deeply grateful for the insights and time that our advisors donate to enable us to foster academic excellence and provide a competitive advantage for our graduates."
Fashion Design Advisory Committee:
- Alice Chen-Galloway, Fashion Designer, Tommy Bahama
- Dominique De Give, VP Merchandising & Design. Reunion Division – UNIONBAY
- Elizabeth Hammond, Recruiter, Tommy Bahama
- Evie Huntington, Executive Recruiter, Consultant
- Linda Tiliano, Recruiter, Nordstrom
- Lisa Arbacauskas, Senior Recruiter, REI
- Marj Turner, Senior VP/General Merchandise Manager – Macy's
- Marilyn Roberts, Designer, Tommy Bahama
- Rose Dennis, Consultant, Marketing/PR
Interior Design Advisory Committee:
- Amely Wurmbrand, Designer, Amely Wurmbrand Designs
- Colleen Hazelrigs, Principle, Hazelrigs Architecture & Design
- Greg Parson, Architect, Home Depot
- Jami Wallace, Director of Design, Bank and Office Interior
- Jamie Thomas, Principle, MidPoint CAD, LLC
- Kari Kaufman, Designer, EHS Design
- Roshele Allison, CKD, Senior Designer, Potter Construction
Visual Communication Advisory Committee:
- Elisabeth Thebaud, Graphic Design Consultant
- Glenn Blue, Co-Owner, Olympus Press
- Jeff Pierce, Pre Press Supervisor, Cenveo Seattle
- Maria Scheleen, Account Manager, The Creative Group
- Paul Matthaeus, Principal, Digital Kitchen
- Scott Martin, VP Product Development, Advanced Interactive Systems
- Vic Bonilla, 3D Artist, Gas Powered Games
The International Academy of Design & Technology provides educational programs that are designed to prepare students for professional opportunities and career success in select design and technology fields. At IADT, students are part of an energetic community that shares ideas, solves problems, and finds new ways to approach work today and in the future. While enrolled at IADT, each student is given an opportunity to grow vocationally, intellectually and professionally.
The original International Academy of Design & Technology in Chicago was founded in 1977 by a former Sears Executive, Clem Stein, Jr., as a postsecondary institution focused on merchandising and design. More than 25 years later, IADT has expanded its curriculum and campus locations. The Seattle campus, which opened in 2004, offers a variety of Associate of Applied Science and Bachelor of Fine Arts Degrees in Fashion Design, Interior Design, Visual Communication, Graphic Design, and Digital Media Production. The International Academy of Design & Technology is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools to award associate's degrees and bachelor's degrees. For more information on IADT – Seattle, see www.iadtseattle.com or call 206.575.1865.