Deck the Halls with Holiday Fashions
November 29, 2011
•IADT General, IADT San Antonio, Fashion Design and Merchandising
• 0 Comments
Cynthia Chapa, Program Chair for Fashion Design & Merchandising at IADT-San Antonio, takes a look ahead at holiday fashions.
Let’s face it - the holidays aren’t just about opening presents and decorating the Christmas tree - they’re also the perfect time to glam up for all of those holiday parties! With cameras capturing memories all around you, make sure you’re on trend this season with these holiday party looks:
- This 2011 holiday season, you’ll notice many trends for dresses including single-shoulder dresses, baby-doll cocktail dresses, dresses that sparkle with plenty of sequins, and romantic dresses with ruffles and lacy details.
- Bright and vibrant color is also on trend this season, and you will not only be seeing dresses in the festive colors of red and green, but also hot pink, emerald green and royal blue. Of course, if one is a color minimalist, you can’t ever go wrong during the holidays with the classic colors of black and white.
- Trends in holiday accessories will consist of jewel-toned heels, animal print heels, and heels with festive bows. Faux fur is the way to go this holiday season, and you will see the trend on handbags as well as shrugs being worn over cocktail dresses for cooler weather.
- Although it is in season to sparkle and shine, be careful to avoid too much bling, as too much can appear to be too much of a good thing.
- To complete the look, play up your eyes with a smoky shadow and glossy lips. The holidays are also a time for big, voluminous hair with curls, or if you want to keep it effortless , try a simple up-do such as a bun. Both are on trend and super hot for the season.
Have a fashionable holiday season!