Top Spring Fashion Accessory Trends
March 19, 2013
•Fashion Design and Merchandising, Fashion Design, IADT General, IADT Chicago
• 0 Comments
Spring is here. Along with the rising temperatures, the emerging tulips, and the returning birds comes a whole host of new spring fashion trends. From floral patterns to futuristic designs, fashion merchandise managers have been busy stocking their shelves with a number of can’t miss designs.
As with any new fashion season, the question invariably becomes: How do you accessorize these new outfits? Below is a list of the fashion accessory trends you will want to keep your eye on this spring season:
Tribal accessories have invaded the runways, store fronts, and sidewalks. Featuring iconic bold prints, simple shapes, rich textures, and gentle hues, tribal inspired accessories are a great way to add a bold statement to your new spring outfit:
- Wooden Bracelets: Wooden bracelets and other wooden accessories create an elegant yet simple look.
- Tribal Print Wraps: Accessorizing with tribal print scarves or wraps can offer up a little punch to the right outfit.
- Handbags: From muted tones to bright colors, fashion designers are featuring any number of tribal inspired handbags in their spring collections.
Showing the Feminine Side
The trend of showing off and highlighting the feminine physique is still going strong this season.
- Ladylike Handbags: The small, structured and versatile handbag is probably the most popular of all types of the bags being carried this spring.
- Jewelry: Jewelry accessories that are small and sparkly or notoriously feminine, like a single strand of pearls, continue to populate the runways.
Looking to the Future
Featuring sharp, modern edges and metallic hues, futuristic accessories are once again making their way down the runways:
- Bracelets and Cuffs: Plastic bracelets and cuffs with bright colors, sharp edges and angular designs are adorning the wrists of any number of fashionistas this spring.
- High Rise Shoes: High rise shoes with spaces, angular designs, and cutouts offer a true futuristic look.
If you love fashion and keeping up with the latest trends, a fashion merchandising program may be a great match for you. Look for a fashion design and merchandising degree program near you.
This article is presented by IADT-Chicago. Contact us today if you’re interested in an opportunity to develop knowledge and industry-relevant skills with an industry-current degree program from IADT-Chicago.
IADT-Chicago cannot guarantee employment or salary. . Find disclosures on graduation rates, student financial obligations and more at www.iadt.edu/disclosures.All trademarks are property of their respective owners.
This institution is authorized: The Indiana Board of Proprietary Education, 101 West Ohio Street Suite 679, Indianapolis, IN 46204-1984. 317.464.4400 Ext. 138. 317.464.4400 Ext. 141.