10 Ways to Use Leggings in Fashion Design
March 14, 2013
•Fashion Design and Merchandising, IADT General, IADT San Antonio
• 0 Comments
When it comes to fashion, there are no limits. Mixing and matching trends is a great way to create new outfits and to stay ahead of the fashion curve. Plus, it’s a great way to get more use out of the items you already have hanging in your closet.
Fashion design and merchandising training can help students explore their creativity and build the courage to take risks. If you want to take risks of your own, consider trying our 10 ideas below for assembling fashion-forward outfits using leggings.
Wear your leggings with…
- A sparkly dress – Give your plain leggings some pop with a sparkly dress or long sparkly top. This addition can glam up your leggings while keeping you comfortable all day.
- A fashion-forward trench coat - Pairing your leggings with a trench coat will keep you looking stylish and professional at the same time.
- Lots and lots of layers – Use a pair of stand-out leggings with layered tees and jackets.
- With your sports gear – Who says you have to look boring at the gym? Pair your leggings with your hoodie and sports bra.
- A mini-skirt – Match your leggings with your favorite mini-skirt. Use bright and bold patterns to create visual interest.
- An oversized sweater – No need to only wear your favorite sweaters at home. Pair your oversized sweaters with leggings to create an entirely new and fashionable look.
- Denim – For a really new look, mix and match your leggings with denim. A denim skirt, shorts or jacket can create new life in your outfit.
- A fancy jacket – Pair your leggings with your favorite jacket. By choosing one with a pattern or bold colors, you will be right on trend this season.
- Heels – Leggings look great with heels because they elongate your legs for sky-high fashion.
- Anything! – You can really mix and match your leggings with almost anything in your closet. Use patterned leggings to add contrast to your solid color clothing.
Looking for more inspiration for your fashion? Consider enrolling in a fashion design and merchandising degree program at a school near you.
This article is presented by IADT-San Antonio. Contact us today if you’re interested in an opportunity to develop marketable knowledge and career-relevant skills with an industry-current degree program from IADT-San Antonio.
IADT-San Antonio cannot guarantee employment or salary. Find disclosures on graduation rates, student financial obligations and more at www.iadt.edu/disclosures. Valid GED or High School Diploma required for Admission. All trademarks are property of their respective owners.