Must-have Summer Fashions
August 2, 2012
•IADT Nashville, IADT General, Fashion Design
• 0 Comments
If you’re looking for fashion advice for summertime, you’ve come to the right place. We have the must-have styles and tips for looking trendy this season. Men and women seeking style, read on.
Extremes are in this season, so don’t be shy. Follow these color, style, and pattern tips to look good this summer:
- Color: Red. No color makes more of a star statement than red, so stock up on some bright red frocks and blouses this season. Accent the rest of your look with red lipstick or contrasting jewelry.
- Style: Dresses. Keeping with the extreme theme, maxis and minis are a must for the summer. Don’t be afraid to show off your legs with a short skirt and heels or cover up with a regal maxi dress.
- Pattern: Baroque. Follow the baroque trend by picking out elaborately embroidered patterns and stately outfits. Add heels or more jewelry to your usual outfit to get this aristocratic look.
Summer is a time to relax, so this season’s fashionable men are taking the time to ease up on their style. Relax in fashion with these tips:
- Color: Blue. This isn’t your everyday navy blue. Be daring this season with some brighter shades than your usual look. Bright blue is especially popular in suits this year.
- Style: Relaxed Masculinity. Tight clothes have been in style lately, but this summer you can get back to masculinity with looser shorts and functional jackets (think denim, windbreaker, or safari).
- Pattern Plaid: The men’s staple of plaid is back for another season. Remember, you can wear plaid shirts o shorts as long as they aren’t worn together.