International Student Admissions Process
The International Academy of Design & Technology welcomes students from around the world and encourages them to apply for admission. IADT is authorized under U.S. federal law to enroll qualified F-1 visa students.
In addition to providing proof of proficiency in the English language and the visa requirements noted below, international students must meet the same admission requirements* as U.S. citizens, including the submission of:
- Your completed application for admission;
- Authentic proof of graduation from equivalent to U.S. upper-secondary school: Depending on your educational background, this can include a high school diploma, a high school equivalency certificate, a diploma through any state Department of Education or through the U.S. military, or official certification of completion of a home-education program that meets the requirements of the state in which you live.
- Official transcripts from any institution where you previously earned college credits (if you are seeking to have those credits applied to your chosen program at IADT).
- Your signed Enrollment Agreement (the signature of a parent or legal guardian is required if you are under 18 years of age);
- Payment of application fee (this is non-refundable unless you are denied admission or cancel your application within three days of the school’s receipt of the application and fee);
- A signed copy of the IADT Student Disclosure Form (SDF);
- Interview Acknowledgement Form/Student Information Record.
- Assessment testing also may be required depending on your campus of choice.
Visa Requirements for International Students Enrolled at an IADT Ground Campus
Students who require an F-1 visa and who meet IADT admissions and U.S. immigration requirements will receive an acceptance letter and a Certificate of Eligibility, SEVIS I-20 form.
Students are responsible for maintaining legal visa status for the duration of their stay as outlined by U.S. federal laws, regulations, guidelines and updates. Students on student visas are expected to maintain full-time status throughout their academic program. Students who do not maintain their visas could be subject to enrollment termination and serious penalties from the Department of Homeland Security.
For more information regarding visas, log on to www.uscis.gov.
If you need help or have questions at any point in the admissions process, an IADT admissions representative will be happy to assist you. We look forward to you joining our creative community of students, faculty and alumni!
To learn more about IADT, our degree programs or how to apply for admission, please contact us for more information.
*Admissions requirements may vary by campus; please refer to each school’s catalog for details.
International Academy of Design & Technology is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools to award associate's degrees and bachelor's degrees. For more information on IADT's accreditation, visit the ACICS website at: http://acics.org.
Copyright © 2010 International Academy of Design & Technology. All rights reserved.